Monday, October 15, 2007

Welcome Back! :-)

I sure hope everyone had a lovely break! I see some of you went south and brought back a tan...lucky you! Miss Kohr spent her break working on her house, painting, fixing some plumbing problems, and installing all new window treatments. Boy oh boy was it hard work but wow, does my place feel like home now! :-) Geez, while working on the house, you couldn't imagine how much math I caught myself using! I wonder if you could think of some ways I used math over my break (comment in the blog if you can think of anything)??? What ways did you see or use math over your break (again, leave a comment in the blog)???


REMINDERS:

~Don't forget that throughout this unit, if you ever see anything that has to do with what we are learning in class (stretching/shrinking), bring it in (or a description of it) to share with the class and Miss Kohr will give you extra points for your class grade! :-)

Today's homework:
Challenge: Complete graphs for all 5 Wumps

Regular: p.12 #1-2 & p.14 #8-12

Also: remember to...
~Redo any assignments necessary (you have one week to redo work in math)
~KEEP STUDYING THOSE MATH FACTS...you could have another timed test any day now :-) :-) :-)


Question of the Day: In what year was Bruce Springsteen born? Two digits in the year are the same. The sum of the digits is a prime and the product of the digits is the square of 18.

**YOU CAN'T JUST LOOK THIS UP ON THE INTERNET...YOU MUST SHOW ME A MATH STRATEGY FOR FIGURING OUT YOUR ANSWERS TO GET IT CORRECT!!!**


Good luck my savvy students!!! Remember, the first student to answer the Question of the Day correctly will get a small prize from me the next day! :-)

No comments: